Thursday, June 08, 2006

What normal people call HELL, I call home

*Note* This was supposed to be posted yesterday, but blogger was down for maintenance or something like that, so here you go...yesterday's news, today.

This whole me not having a working air conditioner in my car is just not working out. I think I'm going to have to break up with it...or give it an ultimatum...either it start making the a/c work on it's own, for free, or I'm out of this nothing-for-me relationship. I went to Wal*Mart on my lunch break. I needed one of those jump drive things...you know, for all the personal shit I do on my work computer...and the heat made me not in the mood to shop. ME. Not in the mood to shop. That doesn't happen very often. In fact, it RARELY happens. But there I was, done with my whitetrash/wetback shopping when I still had a whopping 45 minutes left on my lunch break. Where to go, what to do. I drove around for a few, trying to decide what exactly I could do. I thought about going and bugging Meemo, but she worked last night and was probably sleeping. So I did the next best thing to sisterly bonding...I went to the salon and got my eyebrows and lip done. And damn if my eyes didn't tear up when she ripped the wax strip off my upper lip. "No pain, no gain!" she says. Uh ya, thanks for that nugget of wisdom. But then her saying that reminded me of the other day when I was brushing the Princess' tangled, almost dreadlocked hair and she started to whine..."Beauty is pain Naia. Just remember that." I hate when I'm right. I was just saying that to calm her down. Why did I even succumb to the pain-in-the-ass world of waxing? Oh right, because Meemo paid for it the first time. Now I'm stuck going every two weeks so that I don't look like, well, ungroomed of course.


There I go off on a little rant again. I'll stop while I'm ahead. Or maybe this should just be "Rant Wednesday". And trust me, there is a lot to rant about today. For instance, on my way to Wal*Mart, there was an RV stopped at a stoplight...the light turns green. And does this RV move? No. It just sat there. As I sped past it ready to give the bird, I noticed there was no one in there! Now, here's what I don't understand...why would someone just LEAVE their RV like that? O.K., I understand it could have broken down, but any common sense person would leave the hazards on. Were the hazards left on to warn traffic of it's inability to do anything but sit there? No.


So on to Wal*Mart I go, cursing the RV fucktard. I find what I'm looking for and head to the electronics register...there were two chicks standing there talking to the peeps in the photo department, COMPLETELY IGNORING me. Just standing there...doing nothing. I really just wanted to say, "Hey, chatty Cathy's! Can one of you take the time from your busy gossip fest to ring up my ONE item?! Is that too much work for you? Is it that hard to move your fat asses the two feet to the register?!" but I kept my cool. ::Disclaimer:: I know that I too have a fat ass, but they're asses were way fatter than mine. And this in no way means that I have a discrimination against fat people. That would be like discriminating against Mexicans.


::sigh:: Looks like it's almost that time of month...again. You can tell when I rant about the most inane things. Ah, well praying mantis isn't the right insect, but it's the first that comes to mind. Maybe someone should warn my weasel. Heh.

No comments: