Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday retarded fun time

I usually save this kind of shit for my myspace bulletins, but, well, it seems as though this is a typical blahgger thing...at least from what I've heard but just didn't really know what it was...but my sister did one, so of course I had to do it too...monkey see monkey do. And I guess you're supposed to be tagged to do a meme, and then tag someone when you're done, but the sister, for some reason, didn't deem it necessary to tag anyone...and by anyone, I mean me. And I'm not going to tag anyone since I think maybe only 3 people read my blahg...and two of them are related to me. Ok, so after that unnecessarily long explanation, here's my first meme:

Instructions:

1. Go to Wikipedia
2. In the search box, type your birth month and day (but not year)
3. List three events that happened on your birthday
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death
5. One holiday or observance (if any)

Events:

1968 - The TV sketch comedy Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In debuts on NBC. (one of my faves...I used to watch it with my dad)

1973 - The Supreme Court of the United States delivers its decision in Roe v. Wade striking down state laws restricting abortion during the first six months of pregnancy. (I don't really care if you like this one or not, but in my opinion, a very important event)
1905 - Bloody Sunday in St. Petersburg, beginning of the 1905 revolution.

Births:

1959 - Linda Blair, American actress
1965 - DJ Jazzy Jeff, American rapper and actor (in my opinion, these are two VERY important births)

Death:

1978 - Herbert Sutcliffe, English cricketer (b. 1894) (gotta love cricket)

Holiday:

Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent

I think I got jipped on the holiday thing. I mean, Feast day of a saint is not very exciting. At least not in my book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, a few of my favorite co-workers gave me a goodbye card along with a westcor mall gift card. Fuck yeah. I loves me some shopping! And I think I'll do just that. Although, I've been thinking about what I want to buy myself, and i've decided that I should buy a little something for the kiddos too. Even though they consume every single nickel and dime I make...but I'm not bitter. We'll see I guess. Though I do need a new bra. Those Victoria's Secrets bras just don't hold the girls' up as well anymore. Darn my mother for giving me such an ample chest. It's not fun...really, it's not. I never understood why some women choose to go so big in implants. They get in the way...clothes don't fit right...not to mention the back pain...oh, and the shoulder pain from the bra straps digging into them. ::sigh:: The grass is always greener I guess.

Now that I've bored you with useless facts and the details of my undergarments, I guess I should be getting back to work. Considering I only have a day left, I guess I can squeeze in at least an hour of ACTUAL work.

No comments: