Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Oh those clumsy feet...they've struck again

You know, there are times when I think that there is no possible way that I can out-clumsy myself...but oh was I WRONG! This morning, after loading yet more shit in my car (sidebar:we have to be out of the old house by tomorrow, but that's an entirely different blog) the mom and I decided we'd take a little break with Nila at our favorite place, the Mesa Thrift Store. As I'm perusing the sporting goods section, I notice it...in the back buried behind 6 or 7 other bikes...a beach cruiser! I've been wanting one for I don't even remember how long. Not only did I find it, it was only $4.98! FOUR FUCKIN' DOLLARS and NINETY EIGHT CENTS! (sidebar 2: i realize there was no need for the excessive caps and use of the 'F' word, but I was THAT excited)So, I went to go put the rest of my stuff back since I only had about 5 bucks to spend and I HAD to have the bike...and as I stepped through the aisle, obviously starry eyed staring at my soon to be new bike, I tripped over another bike parked annoyingly in my way, and ate shit...hardcore. Landing on all fours, I made quite the ruckus, what with the grill clanging and the bike tumbling and me screaming. I landed, hard, on my knees on the tiled floor. I actually hit the floor so hard that it kind of knocked tears involuntarily out of my eyes...usually if I'm on all fours I'm wearing knee pads (get your minds out of the gutters dirty birdies) so the shock isn't that bad, but this was. So I jumped up as Nila came running, "What'd you do this time Mal?!" Ye of little faith Nila...biotch. BUT I am that clumsy, so I guess she's right in the query. "Oh nothing. I just tripped and fell. No big deal!" I proclaim as I brush myself off trying to keep from whining too much. People are looking, my face was probably red...then the princess knocks the lid off the grill and causes a tad bit more commotion. It was an exciting 5 minutes to say the least. Oh, by the grace of Mal.

Speaking of embarassing myself. At the start of a new relationshop, there are alwys things you DON'T do in front of or around each other. For instance, you don't poo in each other's bathrooms, you watch how and what you eat (mostly girls) and you don't fart. Fortunately, I wasn't the one that farted first. He was. But I kept holding it in. Then comes Friday. Watching movies. I started laughing so hard, it happened. But he didn't hear it. The genius happened to be sitting right by my ass...and made a face and started laughing. Darn kids, always busting me out. So ya, I've had an embarassing week.

I have discovered today that the little princess is a rocker chick, through and through. She refused to listen to Bob Marley's No woman, no cry...and didn't even want anything to do with NIN's Only me...she insisted on turning the radio to channel 4, which is 98 KUPD, and exclaimed, "Oh yeah!!" and pumped her fist in the air when a hard rock song came on...I don't even think I knew the artist and/or song. But she was pretty stoked on it, so that's what we listened to. Followed by White Zombie, at which she did a sort of small head bang. That girl...she's a ham. If only she'd been wearing her motorcycle boots and her Harley skirt, she would have been a mini version of...a rocker chick. (sorry, I'm too tired to think of anything clever...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

I have decided that I hate the new chick they hired to replace me. She doesn't do anything right...at least not how I would do it. And she doesn't answer the phones right away. It seems dumb to be annoyed by that, but Binks knows what I'm talking about. You're supposed to answer the phone on the first ring unless you're already on another call...but she ALWAYS lets it ring 3 or 4 times before answering. Grrrr. Rage in the Cage isn't the right fight, but it's the first that comes to mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by today. Good luck with your move :)