Friday, June 16, 2006

Sadness reigns the land

My uncle died last night. 8:15pm. No more summers. No more little surprises found on the side of the highway. No more cupcake. No more well meaning advice. No more anything. He will be missed. Dearly.

I spent every single summer with him and his family for about 6 or 7 years. Everyday that I was there he made sure that I was going to have something to do. That my cousins were going to be nice to me. That I had enough of my favorite treats to last me through the day. He came home everyday after work with baubles, toys, treats for me that he found on the side of the highway.

I went with my mom to tell my grandma the bad news. She screamed. Threw her arms up in utter despair. Broke down in tears and went limp as I wrapped my arms around her. I never felt such pain.

It's off to California on Sunday. Sadness prevails...even though he no longer feels the pain.

No comments: