Thursday, June 08, 2006

And I thought today was going to be boring

Let's start off with this morning when the electricity went off. And I got to sit in my house with no a/c waiting for those bastards at SRP to come fix it. "Oh, someone will be there between 10:30 and 12:30 and everything should be good!" Ya, no one was there. At least I didn't have to come into work until one. So I come in and I have to sit at the front desk and cover for lunch. By the time it's time to go back to my "office" (p.s. I've been displaced since I'm leaving at the end of the month. I think it's called grounded) to finish the ever illustrious closing and opening of the files.

It's attack of the intern...he's there. I decided that I would just go chat with Shelley for an hour or so...I'm good at avoiding work like that.

Intern still there. I go to lunch. I'm not hungry so I made a trip to target to purchase some much needed shampoo and razors...when I moved, I had packed a box with my bathroom stuff, i.e. razor, shampoo, contacts, and the box has literally disappeared off the face of the earth. Not to be found at the new house, the old house or any of the cars. I think the shampoo started a revolution against their forced capture in a steamy bathroom.

I come back. Intern still there. I kick him out. After all, how does he expect me to surf the net for new blahgs and e-mail the weasel. I can't possibly do that if I don't have my own computer. Work schmork...I'm almost done here and they can kiss my ass. So I'll use my time wisely on the net.

Surfed a little, came up to the front again. Closing...again. Oh so tired. The second I get up here, there's a walk in client who had decided to wait for the counselor at the bar next door. Our lobby apparently wasn't good enough. Isn't it convenient for a mental health facility to be located next door to a bar? Drunk, barefoot and braless, she saunters around the office. Kind of haggard. Drunk. Session's over. Goes back to the bar to finagle some liquor out of some poor bastard. Supposed to be waiting for a team to come take her to a "safe place". She refuses to leave the bar. Someone bought her a beer. Heh.

Next up was a homeless couple. Smelly. I gagged...not very nice, but I cannot be held responsible for the actions of my sensitive sense of smell. We gave them a cupcake. Whew. And all that in about a 30 minute time frame. And I pretty much was able to sidestep doing any work whatsoever until 5 pm. That's my favorite kind of day. All the bigwigs are gone. Time to fuck around on the net...again.

There are times when I think I should not be so decorated, for lack of a better term, because I get a lot of unwanted attention. I know, I know, I'm asking for it right? Wrong. It's like telling me that wearing a short skirt and cleavage revealing shirt is me asking for rape. But I digress. I'm sitting at a stop light on my way back from target when I feel someone staring at me. I thought it might be because I was in the middle of rocking out, singing at the top of my lungs to NIN's head like a hole. And since my evil car still has no a/c, my windows were all down. I look over to my right and there's a lady in the next car looking at me and her lips are moving, but I couldn't hear her at all. I turn the music down. I hear the word color as she's pointing to her head. Oh, she's asking what color the red in my hair is...I refrain from a sarcastic "RED!" and tell her the color, dye brand and store you can get it at...I laughed.

Wow, this is a pretty long blahg, I just noticed, full of nothing but rambling. Ah, what can you do...I am, after all, a self proclaimed Ramble Queen. Among other things. Heh.

No comments: