Monday, January 29, 2007

You don't say

It's kind of weird when I'm left alone all day to my own devices. I'm not used to it. And when I'm alone, there's quite a bit of inner monologue-ing. And a tiny bit of depression. I think the depression will pass though once I'm used to all this free time again. At least on Mondays.

But it was relaxing. I started on the first chapter of my (read: one of many) books, titled: One girl's demise to insanity, an internet dating "not-to" . It's a working title, but I thought it was funny. Yes, I AM easily amused. But really, I started on it. And about 3 cross outs later, I got the opening sentence right. The opening sentence is the most important since that's what is going to catch the reader. I'm pretty stoked about it. Of course, the one reader that I'm going to try an catch the most is my father. After all, who wouldn't want a "journalism icon" to approve of your book. And then of course, the sister. Also a writer in her own right, she's a big reader. So her opinion is highly regarded. Of course, this will probably take me about at least a year to write. Being that I actually only have two free days a week...not to mention the problem of no computer so it will be hand written...oh yeah, and the fact that I'm a procrastinator. But in due time. Time flies after all...I can't believe it's almost February. A month commercialized by hallmark for a holiday that didn't even REALLY have anything to do with love and presents. I'm just saying.

I've also psuedo-created (read: haven't actually written, but have the idea) a character for a children's book. That should be fun, and interesting. Considering how sometimes dirty...well, "adult"...some of my writing can be. Meh. If I can mother two children, I can do this as well.

Speaking of children, when I picked up the princess from school today, the teacher told me that she's a little mathmetician. I'm so proud. I have a nerd in the family. Not really...she's not a nerd, just, apparently, smart. Oh, kids these days.

I'm tired. And worded out. Too much writing makes Mal a tired girl.

No comments: