Friday, January 19, 2007

If you gave a caveman bubblegum

Would he know what to do with it? So I guess that's pretty much what I'm thinking right now. Don't know why, and don't really care enough to try and figure out why.

I actually had something worthwhile and witty to say, but I got distracted by watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Damn that movie sure knows how to kill brain cells.

Tomorrow is my birthday party. Monday is the holy day. I'm still obsessing about turning old. I can't help it. Everybody just scoffs at me when I mention it...older or younger than me. The 20 year olds tell me I'm not even that old (they really heart me) and the older ones just pffffftttttt me and roll their eyes. Whatever. I feel as though I'm old. Especially since I've got a 9 year old who's almost as tall as me who could possibly be going through puberty soon.

How does that happen?! His teacher told me his increasing ticks and ocd could be a sign of puberty, since things like that heighten with the onslaught of hell *ahem* puberty. I mean, I remember the embarassment of developing early (read: having big boobs at the tender age of 10) but I never imagined it might happen early to my very own flesh and blood. Well, I guess all I can say about that is I can't wait to call him Peter Brady. Good times.

This weekend is punk rock bowling in Vegas. I've always wanted to go. But considering I can't even afford regular bowling in Mesa, it wouldn't happen for me ever. But I do get to have a bitchin' birthday party. Bring on the politically incorrect and easily offendable. Drinking and offending, two of my favorite things in this whole wide world.

No comments: