Sunday, January 14, 2007

I want the butterflies back

Last night I went to my friend Mary's wedding. It was beautiful and a lot of fun. But while there, I couldn't help but think of my broken engagement. It mad me sad. But just for a little bit. Because then I started dancing with all my friends and having a good time. And while I know now that getting married then would have been one of many mistakes in my life, I couldn't help but shed a tear for it. Then came more dancing and the sorrow seemed to lift. My date for the wedding was the wife and we shared a table with our friends and it was perfect.

I'm no longer shedding a tear for what could have been. It helps that I know he hasn't been dwelling on me since I was so easily forgotten...what with his getting a girlfriend and then engaged within a month of him dumping me. But now I see the light. And this morning, i deleted all the e-mails he ever sent me.

I have officially moved on.

The only thing though is that I think the butterflies have flown the coup so to speak. I haven't had any butterflies for anyone lately and I miss them. Not even the boy I "hang out" with sometimes who I actually like. I need to get those butterflies back. I'm sure it will happen in time. Until then, I'll be here, going with the flow. Because whatever happens, happens. After all, I can't rush life, otherwise I'm liable to miss something.

No comments: