Friday, November 23, 2007

A funny thing happened...

On my way to Thanksgiving dinner. My tire blew out. We were halfway there, then BOOM goes the tire. So we pulled off on the side of the freeway to take a look. This is what it looked like:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Crack is Whack
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We called for reinforcements. My sister had left a few minutes after we did, and boy was I glad that she was running late as well.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then, the inevitable happened. I mean, it just wouldn't have been complete if this hadn't happened...the ex dropped the jack. Down. A hole. A drain hole to be exact.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And of course my spare tire was no bueno, so we couldn't use that. I ended up having to leave my poor baby on the side of the road. Yeah, my car is kind of a piece and its more than just a little messy, but I love it. It'd be like if I had to leave one of my kids on the side of the road. I mean, they're real smelly and sticky and just a little annoying, but I'd be real sad if I had to leave them behind with a bum tire. After I left my car, we continued on our way to eat some food. Because boy, does getting a flat sure build up an appetite. So eat I did. As my poor car sits on the freeway all alone and cold. Now I'm going to buy a new tire and rescue my car. I have until 3:45 this afternoon to pick it up, or else...

No comments: