Sunday, November 11, 2007

Eternally conflicted

There are times...many, many times...when I don't really know what to do. About anything, really. I feel restless and impotent. I guess I don't really know what I want, but I know there's something missing.

I know the obvious, not having my own home and missing that proberbial "perfect" mate....but I don't think that's it. The problem is, I never figure out what that is. There's this cycle I go through. I'm happy and fine with how things are going, then out of nowhere BAM, I'm restless and unable to get comfortable with...something. I often wonder if I will ever find what it is I'm looking for or if I'm destined to be THAT person that makes themselves miserable searching for something, anything, that isn't there. You know, just for the sake of it.

Or maybe sometimes I just over think things. Maybe I'm just creating things to "miss". Maybe there are just too many thoughts swirling around in my head and I just need to shove them aside and become one of those girls that doesn't think and/or speak her mind. I'm telling you, those girls have it made. Agreeable, bouncy, empty headed. They don't even have to make decisions! How great would that be? Ok, maybe not all that great, but it might be a relief every once and a while.

Neophyte isn't the right word, but it's the first that comes to mind.

No comments: