Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A very weird nutshell

1. Last night I got tattooed! There's nothing more that I love than a fresh tattoo. I mean, besides my kids. I got it on my knuckles and boy, did it hurt like a mother...Here are some pictures of my loooooong night with Jason Kralovetz...he pretty much rocks at tattoos:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2. Today I got pierced. Yeah, I know, I should a. slow down and b. I probably don't need anymore holes in my face. But you know what? I WANT more holes in my face. One thing that people close to me know is that when I want something, I get it. It's just how I am. I was pretty much raised like an only child considering Nila got married when I was only 12...needless to say, after that, I got everything I asked for. Including a tattoo when I was only 16. But I'd persistantly asked...and I got it. Yay me. But I digress. Here is a picture of my new piercings. One thing I do have to say though is that they're not that cute yet because the barbells I have in are very long. The very second I can change them out, I am. The barbells are very obtrusive and I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose weight from having these. It's very hard to eat...one liquid diet please. So, here it is...my newest accoutrements:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3. With newly tattooed knuckles and ugly silver barbells sticking out of my cheeks, I made my way to the Sunridge learning center for the kids' parent/teacher conferences. It often gives me a slight (usually irritated) joy to see the other parents' faces when I walk by. Their surprise that someone like me has kids...their disgust at my many body modifications...the surprise that not only do I look too young to have a 10 year old, I actually take an interest in their education and attend such inane things as parent/teacher conferences. The genius' teacher is used to me. We get along well, so that went well. I am ecstatically happy to report that he is doing great thus far. Last year was a constant struggle and string of groundings because he wouldn't do his homework, bring things home, blah blah blah. But now? Now he's doing everything he's supposed to do and I'm stoked. So far, I don't have to be mean mommy. I think it helps that the princess is under duress as well about doing all her work. She brags about how good she is at science and math and how the teacher gives her accelerated works. It seems to be a competition. Which hey, if it gets him doing well in school, then compete away kids, compete away. The princess' conference went well also. Her teacher said she's real mature for a first grader, she's bright, a fast learner, popular...but she talks and socializes too much. Flash back to my school days. This is the first year we've had this teacher. I explained to her that we are a family of talkers. Every. Single. One of us. She half giggled. I don't think she really gets my sense of humor. All in all, her report was excellent as well. Sigh of relief.

4. On a totally unrelated note, there are some commercials that really bug me. But there's one in particular that really grinds my gears. It's a diet pill ad. Their logo is "We couldn't say it on tv if it wasn't true". I'm sorry, but the last time I checked, television was a cornucopia of finely weaved lies...not only in sitcoms, but in commercials as well as the news. Go figure.

On that note, I'm going to call it an early night even though I'm supposed to go out to celebrate a friends graduation. I'm strangely exhausted and just want to sleep, sleep, sleep. Sleep has been a foreign subject for me lately, and I would very much so like to get reacquainted.

3 comments:

Nanners said...

Gah! Can't see pics of new awesome piercings! *sob*

Meemo said...

I just don't know what to say. I luv ya, you're beautiful, but I just don't know what to think when I see your cheeks all swollen and those huge metal things sticking out of your face. It will take some getting used to my dear.

Nanners said...

Yea! I was blind but now I see! Love the tattoo and the piercings. Those dimples are going to look so cute.