Monday, October 08, 2007

I rule

I rule
My poem, Severed Vision has won the editor's choice award...yeah, I pretty much rule. What does this award get me? My poem published in some hard-bound "anthology" book and also read on a cd of poems. Yeah, I'd rather have money. But, poetry.com and the international library of poetry deemed my poem good enough for these so-called publications. Yay for me. Here's my poem, enjoy:

Severed vision

Eyes don't see what's really there
Always blind to everything
Bumping into walls, nonexistent
Bruises and scars galore
With nothing to heal them but pain
Catching flashes here and there
Everything's now in disarray
Searing hot is the chaos,
The words,
In the burned retina

Mal Nolan

2 comments:

Meemo said...

Way to go! Who knew?!

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. This is a great poem!