Friday, October 05, 2007

A few things

Just a few things that are currently occupying my already over flowing mind.

1. This morning as my sister and I were o our way to breakfast, she. Called. Me Britney! As in Britney Spears, the shitty mom. *gasp* Its a good thing she was just kidding. It's funny how people have taken to referring to bad parenting and/or going pantieless as a "Britney". Damn that girl needs help.

2. I have a date on Sunday. With a guy I really like. Its weird for me to say that since, get ready for it, I haven't actually met him in person. We've been talking on the phone a lot. Crazy, I know, but what's a girl to do. And no, this was NOT a Craigslist hook-up. We all know how terribly wrong that went with me. But I digress. I do, however, have to admit that the butterflies are back in full force. It's a love/hate thing with me and the butterflies. But I feel them. And I'm not really sure what to think about it. Of course, my wall has gone up, but there's bricks poked out here and there for a little something, something. We'll see how this budding relationship goes. When I told Kendra about him I was giving her his details. He's 37 and has three kids that don't live with him. His oldest is 18. Kendra says to me, "Are we really at the point in our lives where we're starting to date guys with 18 year old kids?!" Apparently, I am.

3. Today is my nephew Tristan's birthday. He is now 11. Nila and I were talking about how its so weird that in only 5 short years he'll be old enough to drive. Scary. I was telling him this morning how I remembered the day of his birth. My mom woke me up at five in the morning. I was, at the time, about a month pregnant with the genius, so not in the best of moods. Especially considering that she'd had about three false alarms previously and I was convinced that this was one as well. I went back to sleep. Now here he is, growing up before my very eyes. Precious indeed.

4. I went out last night and drank way too much. Well, I don't really think I drank too much as I hadn't eaten anything since my only meal at 2 and I was drinking on an empty stomach. Bad idea. I actually managed, though, to wake up early, have breakfast with my sister and do a little shopping. All while extremely hungover. I'm getting too old for this. I most definitely plan on minimal, if at all, drinking this weekend. The sober life: for me? We'll see.

I guess that's it for now. It's so hard for me sometimes to get everything in my mind down at one time. I'm easily distracted and have the memory of an 80 year old with alzheimer's. A.D.D. may not be the right disease, but its the first that comes to mind.

1 comment:

Nanners said...

Good luck with the dude. I only emailed and talked to my hubby on the phone for a whole month before actually having a date.