Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Then came the rain

I got completely caught in the huge rain storm yesterday. As I got ready to pick up some art supplies at Michaels, I put on a dress. It's a light, cotton white and blue striped number borrowed from Lornzilla. I decided to wear it even though I had to work because I was so freakin' hot that I wanted to wear as little clothes as possible.<p>As I was driving towards work to pick up my paycheck so that I might cash it and get food before my shift, it started to rain. Just a few big drops at first. Then it came. Sheets and sheets of buckets of water pouring down. It came as fast as a virgin boy.<p>I ended up stuck on Apache in horrendous traffic. Construction plus pouring rain plus flooded streets equals no cashed paycheck for Mal. I was able to, however, stop at CVS for some much needed agua and Monster. This is what the rain looked like before I got out of the car to sprint into the store.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I literally had to run into the store. But to no avail. My dress still got soaked and the white parts...well, let's just say I was not dressed PG for public at this point. I had no choice though, I didn't have time to go home and change, I had to get straight to work.

A trip that would normally take me less than 10 minutes, took me almost 20. It was near impossible to see out the windshield, not to mention the fact that no one could drive in the right lane since it was flooded. It was fun times for me. The fun continued once I got to work. The Rural shop was closed due to a power outage, so on what is usually a ridiculously slow Monday, we were crazy busy. Floods, leaks, tons of walk-ins...I had my work cut out for me. But I got it done like a trooper. I should probably get the counter bitch of the year award. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin.

Despite the leaks everywhere, including in my room, I wish it would stay raining. Then maybe it wouldn't be so muggy and retchedly humid out. One plus to the humidity, I practically have a fro'. Talk about bitchin' hair.

Speaking of fro's, the genius wants to grow his hair out. I think he wants an emo/skater type of do...though I think it might just turn out to be one big poufy mess. The longer his hair gets, the bigger his head looks. Maybe he'll cry himself to sleep tonight on his huge pillow.

I know this blahg is sporadic, but I'm in babbly mode right now. I keep thinking things, so I write them down.

It was my dad's birthday on the 21st. I'm an asshole...and I'll tell you why. That Monday after, the sister and I went shopping. As we were looking through random cards, she asked me if I'd called dad for his birthday.
"No," I replied, "his birthday isn't until the 26th."
"Or it was on the 21st. Where'd you get the 26th from?"
"I have no idea. Maybe I just made it up because deep down I know it was the 21st and I'd missed it that way it just looks like I was late and not forgetful."
*whew*
So hopefully when my DADDY reads this, he'll find the humor in my misstep and forgive me.

Add daughter of the year to my mom of the year awards. I'm a winner.

2 comments:

Bliss said...

oh no! not a white dress in the rain girl! i'm covering my eyes. LOL

Malice said...

at least it wasn't ALL white! haha but yeah, eye covering would have been necessary