Saturday, July 21, 2007

Oh you know...whatever

It's almost that time again. Yes folks, back to school. There's just something about back to school. The promise of fall. Of leaves turning sunset shades of orange and yellow. Leaves crunching under your feet as you make your way to new beginnings. Wait, for a second I thought I lived in a state where there are actual seasons.

Back to school for me always meant new things to learn, new things to experience. New books, new paper, new school supplies. I LOVE school supply shopping. Back to school also meant new clothes. And not hand me downs. Not yard sale clothes. But department store clothes. It was the one time a year where we got to rummage through BRAND NEW clothes. Where we got to try on, and pick out, brand new shoes.

Now, it's all about taking my kids shopping. Though it seems that I am way more excited about it. Especially where the genius is concerned. I have two choices when it comes to him: 1. I can pull the mom card and force him against his will to spend hours in a boring store trying on countless outfits, pairs of shoes and embarrassingly holding pairs of underwear up to his waist to see if they'll fit his ever growing ass. Or 2. I can be the cool mom and just go buy him one outfit, make him try it on, and from that, buy the rest of his back to school wardrobe. I think I'll opt for number one. My life as a teenage mom would have been for naught. I mean, if I have to have kids and somewhat conservatively mold them into good little citizens, I'm going to have fun. Hey, I have to entertain myself somehow.

1 comment:

Bliss said...

i hate back-to-school. more so when i was a kid, then more when it was my daughter's turn. now we home school and i realllllllleeeeeeee hate it when summer is over. :-&