Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Ain't nothin' but a love/hate thang

I have a salon project for school due on Friday. And true to form, I'm procrastinating. I have most of the supplies necessary to making my miniature salon, but no motivation to start it. However, I do usually come through in the end with something amazing. So here's something I've come up with instead of starting...I'm in this kind of mood right now, and here it is:

1. I love, love, LOVE the weather right now. It makes me want to curl up in bed and watch a scary movie, preferably with someone special, but I'll settle with my dolphin.
2. I hate that my driver side door won't open with the key so I have to open the passenger side door to get in...straight ghetto.
3. I love that the genius was waiting outside for me to pick him up and that they were both excited to see me.
4. I hate that the kids were so excited to see me...it means I have to actually switch to mom mode and take care of them pshaw
5. I love that if I pout enough I can get what I want
6. I hate that some people refuse to give in to my demands.
7. I hate that there is a tiny bug flying around me and won't go away.
8. I hate that my madre is so irritating.
9. I love my brand new shoes I got at the mall for 7 bucks.
10. I hate that I won't be there to see my new niece being born
11. I love all the thunder and lightning right now.
12. I love that I get to take the kids back to school shopping soon.
13. I hate that I've had insomnia for the past month and a half .
14. I hate that it's Ultimate Fighting Championship in the kids' room right now.
15. I love that I get to talk about tattoos and piercings at work all day.
16. I love that I get to play with hair all day and put my creativity to the test.
17. I love, oddly enough, my life.

Weird, I know, that I would end my love/hate list like that, considering the majority of it is hate. I mean, who really loves their lives? Not many people. I have friends who are way better off than me and they hate their lives. I hear it all the time, too. Listening to all the griping (yes, I do my fair share of griping) and can't help but think, why? Why does their life suck? I have two proverbial balls and chains strapped to my ankles for life. Baggage. No money. A mother. No "special someone". Yes, from time to time you'll hear me say my life sucks, but that's just usually in a fit of a tantrum because I didn't get my way. Oh, and also in a fit of estrogen blow-out when I'm a typical girl, at best. But for the most part, it's actually quite allright.

Any help I can get, however, is key. Take a couple drinks. A few pills. Repeat.

No comments: