Friday, July 14, 2006

Shot through the heart

So, this week, my second week of unemployment by the way, has been...crazy. As always, my life is never boring. Wednesday night, as my weasel and I were getting ready to go see Pirates of the Carribean, we heard a POP, some glass shatter and the screams of my mom and grandma. I had thought maybe one of them dropped something, and they're both screamers, so that wasn't surprising. As we walked out of my bedroom, I looked out the door into the living room and saw my grandma on the floor and my mom about to drop...confused, I walked out of my room to see what happened. My mom started screaming for me to call 911...between mumbles of "we got shot at" and "get down! get down!", I grabbed my phone. I was confused, to say the least. My weasel, always the prepared boyscout, had his gun at the ready, in case...well, anything else happened. It seemed as though it were a drive-by or a misdirected shot from the street. We're still not sure at this point. The police came, paramedics, even a ghetto bird. My grandma had been sitting on the armchair RIGHT. IN. FRONT. OF. THE. WINDOW. She had a slight hemotoma or something like that on the back of her head, but other than that, she was ok. No one else was harmed, and thankfully the princess was in my room watching a movie.

Needless to say, it was a pretty interesting night. My mom decided right then and there that we were moving...AGAIN. We've been in this house for about a month and a half. Shit. Fuck. Gawddamnit.

The plan was to move this weekend...but with the help of my sister and my laidbackness, we're going to wait. At least til the end of the month.

Let the search begin.

I've done a lot of crying this week. At first I thought maybe it was because I'm piamessing, but I've realized that lately when I'm stressed, I hold it in. So I feel a little better now. I had Kendra take me out last night and I got drunk. I think it was a little much needed drunkenness. Sometimes a girl just needs to get wasted and drunk dial her boyfriend in the middle of the night when he's sleeping. Hooray for alcohol.

Cheers!!

Disclaimer: Pardon the cheesy randomness of this blahg today. I'm still reeling from the gunshot, crazy mom, hangover madness and my writing is, in my opinion, not to par. But that's just how I roll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You roll your way, and I'll roll mine (if you know what I mean, wink wink).