Thursday, May 18, 2006

The ramblings of a sociopathic wannabe

Today has not been my day. And right now I feel extremely anxious. I don't know why. I had to call my mom and sister to make sure that my uncle was all right. And he is, better than he was...so we figured that it must just be stress. So I thought, what could I possibly be stressed about? I'm actually happy for once...then i remembered...today was pay day and pretty much all my money is gone already. Stupid adult responsibilities. *stomps feet* Sometimes I find myself wondering why I ever grew up. I guess I didn't REALLY have a choice in the matter. When I was younger, my favorite song used to be the Toys R' Us song...I don't wanna grow up/I'm a toys r' us kid...and I used to tell my dad that I was never going to grow up. I wanted to stay a kid forever. I'm one of those kids that actually had a childhood...unlike most of my friends who were having sex at the age of twelve and drinking. I'd just as soon sit at home with a good book and a smoke. That was probably the most adult thing I did...smoke. And most of the time it was not cigarettes. But for the most part, I acted my age. So much so that my mom once took me to see a shrink because she thought I was depressed...since I wasn't out running around with the neighborhood kids...I just sat at home and read all day. The funny thing is, that I actually LIKE reading and that's what I ACTUALLY wanted to do. My friends were too busy dating 18 year olds (we were 12) and doing it in their cars while I sat around smoking. I didn't really consider that fun. As much as I like to watch people do it in cars. Now it seems I have the problem of acting WAY younger than I actually am. But the good thing about that is that people have started thinking I'm about 19 or 20...heh heh...my evil plan is working.
Ok, I'm not really sure I'm making all that much sense. My wisdom teeth are starting to grow in some more, so my mouth is in some pain. And I don't like it. Not to mention the string of "bad luck" I've had today. It's all just been little stuff, but it is the little stuff that counts, right. First my new giant hoop earings broke...it's a good thing I had bought more than one pair. Next, my shoe broke. The first time wearing them since I bought them, I'd had them on for about 2 hours...it's a good thing that I always have shoes in my car. Then at lunch I had two cop scares. For those of you who don't know, my tags are expired...as meemo says, it's people like me who are preventing the fixing of cracks in the streets...and I need to get my car registered again, but I have to do emissions, but i can't yet since the engine light is on (anyone know how to turn it off) and emissions won't pass your car if the engine light is on...sometimes you can go through and hope the person is nice enough to pass you anyway, but it's usually pure luck, so I don't think I should try. So ya, I got all stressed about the two different cops behind me. Whew, ok, I think I feel a little better now. A person just always needs complete strangers' ears to vent to, you know. Like the entire internet. I think I'll stop right here. I'm sitting at work all alone and I could go on for days about complete nonsense. madhatter isn't the right character, but he's the first that comes to mind.

No comments: