Friday, May 26, 2006

And she dances on the sand

First off this morning, let me just say how proud of a mother it makes me when, as One Love by Bob Marley comes on, the princess proclaims that "I LOVE this song!" and starts singing along...the actual words too, not just the usual jumble of vowels and consonants she blurbs out to make it seem as though she knows the song. Oh, and before that when they both sang along to the Ramones' Blitzgrieg Bop...which they learned from Jimmy Neutron the movie and Daddy DayCare, but, nonetheless, they like it, and any other Ramones' songs I play. What a proud day for a mother.

I took the kids over to my sisters' today, where they will celebrate the first day of summer vacation. Bastards, having fun while I have to be at work. *grumble* *grumble* The second my sister saw the princes, she said "Poor Naia!"...let me explain. The kids ended up having to stay at their dad's last night...he doesn't own a brush, why would he, he has no hair...so I couldn't brush the princess' hair this morning. She opted to wear her leopard print dress today...and I just wasn't in the mood to argue with her to change...not to mention the fact that looking for clothes at his place is like going on a scavenger hunt in search of a needle in a haystack. So I just didn't want to even bother. So she pretty much looked like a little cave girl.

Before I left my sisters', she broke some bad news to me. This made me sad. And I was speechless for about ten seconds after she told me, and I had to have her "rewind" so that I could make sure that I heard right. Jared Letois GAY. Supposedly. Not that I have a problem with gay dudes, but Jared Leto?! I have been celebrity in love with him since the beginning of My So Called Life! How can this be?! The pretty ones always are, it seems. Skeletons isn't the correct term, but it's the first that comes to mind.

No comments: