Friday, May 19, 2006

I am Jack's dying pancreas

So it is confirmed that my uncle has pancreatic cancer. They're realeasing him from the hospital today, but the hospice is taking over. When hospice is taking over, it pretty much means there's not much time left for that person to live. And that's what we were afraid of. My mom is beside herself. I don't even know what to think. I've been feeling real anxious lately...this could be why. It's just been growing. And when I feel like this, it's usually bad. Well, as Tris would say, "That's the circle of life Aunt Mal". Why is it that children seem to understand death more than us? Or maybe not necessarily understand it, but are more accepting of it. I've been through way too many deaths in my life and not looking towards another one. Niagra tears isn't the right phrase, but it's the first that comes to mind.

No comments: