Thursday, May 24, 2007

As it goes

I am currently hanging out in my actual Horrorland. Things could be worse...I'm exaggerating a little...but I am choosing to be irritated by this list of woes.

1. I ran out of toothpaste and am having to use kids Colgate with Spongebob on the package...ick x 10
2. The mosquitoes (those bitches) are STILL feasting on my oh so sweet blood...it's no wonder I'm anemic
3. My bottom lip is still swollen...not too bad, but bad enough to be bothersome and hinder my speech

That is all I guess. Ya'll know me though, I'll find something to bitch about soon.

On a kid-note: This morning as I was getting ready for school, I heard the kitties go out to the backyard. As they came running into the room to brush their teeth, I noticed that the princess' hair was wet. I thought nothing of it...she sometimes wets it down or puts massive amounts of product to spike her hair. A few minutes later I saw her again and really noticed how wet it was. I asked her if she'd wet it down. The genius, of course, is quick to tell me that "she got it wet in the sprinklers! I told her not to!" I then noticed her shirt...sprinkled with water all over her shoulders. She stood there with a sheepish look on her little face as I asked what would posses her to do such a thing. She shrugged her shoulders.

Sometimes I wonder about my kids. They're funny. Obnoxious. Weird. Tall. Silly. Irritating. Cute. And maybe just a little crazy. I often find myself wondering what I got myself into.

Today was the last day of school. The genius will be in the 5th grade this fall. It still weirds me out to know I have such an old kid. And speaking of old kids...the princess will be in the first grade. FIRST GRADE. I no longer have any babies. I have two kids that will be in school all day very soon...too soon...and who will be taller than me, at least the genius, within the next year. Surreal isn't the correct term, but it's the first that comes to mind.

No comments: