Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A smile is worth a thousand words

I've been holding the ex's laptop hostage the past few nights. And since I've been all alone at the wife's while I'm housesitting, I've had not much else to do other than cruise the net. Since I've been working (read: procrastinating) on my book, aptly titled "Adventures in Whoreland",I thought I'd cruise the infamous Craigslist to get other people's experiences, good or bad, with the whole net dating thing. Namely, men's experiences. All the research I have so far is female related, so I thought I'd gain a different perspective.

I started by posting an ad asking for anyone's tales in the sometimes unforgiving, sometimes scary world of online dating. Some of the responses I got. Man, some men are so desperate, it seems. Right off the bat, I got a always welcome (read: funny) cock picture. I simply replied, "Thanks for the cock picture, but I am in fact, actually just looking for stories. I have a boyfriend, thank you." That was just the beginning of it. Along with the ad, I posted a picture. Just me smiling. Just my face. Just to show that I am not some weirdo just looking for sex. Apparently that picture said more than that.

It's been interesting. Fun. Something to do while I sit here today, absent from school. But alas, I have to give the laptop back so now I'll have to sit here and watch t.v. instead of having random people entertain me.

The research is going on swimmingly though. I have a lot of very interesting, very funny stories and I can't wait to start compiling them. Now it's time for me to switch to mom-mode and go pick up the kiddos. Leading a double life sure is exhausting.

No comments: