Friday, May 11, 2007

Malice the Wonder Girl

My week has been better. Thank gawd. Yesterday was actually busy for me. As was today. And I'm booked all day tomorrow. It's about damn time. I was about thisclose to taking a leave I'm so bored with school. And yes, I know it'll probably be shitty at the beginning of next week again, but I'm hoping that with summer coming it'll pick up a little more before everyone goes on vacation.

Speaking of which, I've been possessed by the green monster. I'm completely envious of the wife and her impending vacation in Prague. She leaves in 5 days. And that sucks...well, for me. Now who's gonna buy me beers? At least I get to house sit for her so that means 13 days of peace and quiet from the madre. Gawd knows I need it.

So I finally talked to the bf and things are better. Though I have to remember not to drink that much ever again. Not only for my own sanity (i hate not remembering), but for the sanity of everyone I love. Especially Ambular who ended up having to take care of my ass. But enough about that. I'm trying to forget.

For those of you who know me well, ya'll know I HATE commercials. Especially those commercials wherein the sponsor is trying to sway you to one side or the other. For instance; the anti-smoking commercials. Granted, smoking is a bad habit, I know because I smoke a pack every two days and I do not want my kids to smoke, but let people make their own choices. Those ads make me want to smoke more out of pure rebellion. Cigarette companies aren't allowed to put out ads promoting their merchandise for fear that susceptible young minds will want to start smoking based purely on the commercial. I call bullshit. I know kids are stupid, I was once, but society should give them the benefit of the doubt...at least a little.

Another one that bugs me is the anti-abortion ads. O.k., I don't necessarily think that abortion is a good thing, but hey, to each their own. Who am i to tell someone not to do it. And for that reason mostly, I wish their were pro-abortion commercials out there in t.v.-land. "Abortion:it's the right thing to do when your life is turning to shit". But no, only one side of religiously-fanatic right-wing corporate America is allowed to express their "opinions" openly anywhere they please. That is what really grinds my gears.

Thank you for listening. And I'm out *clap*

No comments: