Sunday, March 25, 2007

Under a rock

I was sick for the past few days. I didn't drink for the past few days. Therefore I was a lightweight when I went out last night. Four, maybe five beers later and I could barely walk. That'll show me to stop drinking.

While I was in bed for those few days, I couldn't help but over think things...between sleeping that is. When I'm at home alone, left to my own devices, I tend to do that...over think that is. I couldn't help but keep thinking about my loneliness. Yes I am surrounded by family. Yes I am surrounded by friends. But being that I'm a big spoiled brat, being sick with no one to take care of me really sucked. I actually called the ex to come to my house to baby me. And to take care of the kitties. Being sick is actually one of the few times I miss being married. Not like I can call the new guy to take care of me, he hasn't even met the kids yet (and won't for a long time) so that's nil. So in came the ex to the rescue. Just as a side note, the new guy doesn't mind that the ex comes around and is my good friend. But that's an entirely different story altogether. Its nice to have someone take care of you. Especially when the majority of your life is spent in prisons of loneliness. I don't understand it, but I guess that's just how life goes.

Being that I was sleeping all day, my night sleep patterns were thrown off. And while I was up in the middle of the night, I got inspired. I put my laziness aside, pulled out my laptop and concocted a first rough draft of the introduction to my in-the-works book. You know the one. The one on the trials and tribulations of internet dating. The one on cynicism on dating in general. So I think I pretty much broke the writing laziness I've had lately. Let the fun begin.

So now I guess I'll make my way back home. And possibly make my way to Renee C.'s pool to enjoy the beautiful weather we're having right now with hopes of tanning my too white for a Mexican legs. Albino isn't the right description, but its the first that comes to mind.

No comments: