Thursday, January 03, 2008

The bats are back

And its not over a boy either, surprisingly enough. I think those bats are dead. This time its over my impending graduation. This afternoon in the middle of a partial highlight I got called into the directors office. When I walked in I was surprised to find both the director and the financial aid guy, both with big grins on their faces. At first I thought I was in trouble. Then she told me it was just my hours, but they were messed up since I had been terminated.

Even thought my hours weren't showing, the director informed me that I'll be graduating in about 3 weeks. 3 weeks! As excited as I am to be done with school, I'm a little uneasy about it as well. It kind of brings me back to the high school oh-no-I'm-going-to-be-thrown-into-the-real-world feelings. I'm 17 again. Only this time, I'm not about to have a baby, I'm about to embark on a full time actual career. Scary.

Not only did the director freak me out by telling me when I graduate, she freaked me out by telling me that she had a salon for me. A good one she knows I'll do good at. Scary. I don't think I was this freaked when I found out I was pregnant my senior year in high school. Go figure. I guess we'll see what the frightening world has to offer me. The bats are out of control.

No comments: