Friday, September 28, 2007

Ode to school picture day

Yesterday was school picture day for the kiddos. Back in my day (gawd I feel old saying that) you brushed your hair, wore a clean shirt and mom gave you a check to order prints. Then you went to school where you sat in front of a generic background while the photographer barely gives you enough time to smile and say cheese. Now, they have, not only different colored backgrounds to choose from, but four, not one or two or three, but FOUR poses to choose from. Relaxed, traditional, close-up and standing. It took her a while but the princess finally chose the relaxed pose. And by relaxed, they mean hand under chin. Yeah, cause I pose like that when I'm relaxed. Oh, with the violet background...because she thinks it'll make her eyes look pretty. The genius could care less. He didn't even want me to order prints. I told him I had to buy some so I'd have blackmail for when he's older. There really are some good benefits to having a child.

Since I'm going to be embarassing the kiddos when they're older, I might as well practice what I preach. So here's my high school yearbook photo. I'm pretty sure its my junior year. Too much weed makes those years kind of hazy. One thing's for sure, I may have gotten older, wiser and fatter, but I don't think I've "changed" much, so to speak. After all, redheads have more fun.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh, those were the days.

2 comments:

Nanners said...

That red looks (looked?) awesome on you.

Anonymous said...

Good words.