Thursday, September 27, 2007

The vicious cycle

I can't sleep at night. I sleep all day. I'm sick. I can't sleep at night. I sleep all day. Boy is it going to suck when I start school again and actually HAVE to be awake during the day. Ok, I guess I'm exaggerating a little when I say I sleep all day. Its hard to sleep all day when you've already been up for 2 hours making breakfast, getting kids ready and driving them to school. I guess I should say I vapidly lay in bed and blindly stare at the t.v. all day. I try real hard to sleep at night. That usually just turns into me tossing and turning. Peeing. Drinking water. Tossing and turning. Peeing. Are you seeing a pattern here, because I am.

Though sometimes while I'm trying real hard to sleep, I get things done. Kind of like a crack head. While normal people are sleeping, I'm...not. A couple of nights ago, I completely cleaned my room, closet included. I ACTUALLY got rid of half the clothes in my closet. That shit never happens. Usually I'll get rid of a pair of pants and maybe a couple of shirts. Not this time. I succeded in getting what I'd put my mind to done...without procrastination. Even better, I took the four huge, overflowing bags of clothes and one bag full of shoes and purses to the donation drop off bin. Trust me, if I had waited, those bags would have stayed in my room for days, weeks, maybe even months, thus negating the cleaning. I feel good about it. There were clothes in there I hadn't worn for years. Pants I'd kept because, well, "I might magically lose 3 pants sizes". Shirts I didn't even like, but kept just in case I decided to start wearing color.

I guess there is one good thing to not sleeping. I can already tell I'm not going to be falling asleep anytime soon. It's been a while, so I think maybe I'll paint. I bought a bunch of art supplies about a month ago and they are STILL unopened. Painting, cleaning and no sex...that's mi vida loca.

::sigh:: I think I need something new and exciting in my life right now. What? I don't know. I'm sure that when I find it, I'll know. Because my life as of late (read: sick in bed) has been boring, to say the least.

No comments: