Friday, April 20, 2007

The next Rockette

I rocked another night of karaoke. There may have been one or two bad renditions of a song here and there, but I sure know how to entertain. Example: for mine and Angela's rendition of 'I got you babe', I sported a black wig as we were on stage. That's right. I'm getting more comfortable with this whole being in front of a group of people making an ass out of myself. Next stop, American Idol. Not really. I did, however, find another weekly song, besides 'Crazy' (though I haven't sang that the past two times), and that is 'Heaven is a place on Earth'. How can I not rock Belinda Carlisle and why did I never think to sing it before? I actually sang a lot of songs last night. Bon Jovi's 'You give love a bad name' (complete with dedication), Lita Ford, of course, and don't forget Pat Benetar. Good shit. I got way too drunk though and had to go home from school early because I pretty much wanted to die. Alcoholic isn't the right term, but it's the first that comes to mind.

I'm so not drinking tonight. No joke.

Now it's time for me to stop lazing around and take care of the munchkins. The princess is becoming more and more like me every day...and let me tell you, it's scary. I don't know if the world is ready for two Mal's. She went to school today rockin' a 'fohawk' and an outfit I would probably sport...minus the cleavage, of course. I told her I was glad she was my daughter...and she responded that she was glad I was her mom because I'm "gothic". What 6 year old says that? Mine does, apparently. As much as I'm not a kid person, the genius and the princess are pretty bitchin' kids...that is when they're not trying to beat each other up. Little freakishly strong mutants. Just like their daddy.

Time to veg out and not leave my bed until it's time to go to school tomorrow morning. Just for the record, there's always a first for everything.

No comments: