Monday, February 12, 2007

Move along

Life is weird. I know I say this every 5 blahgs or so, but it's true. Sometimes I think God, if there really is one, just randomly throws shit your way to see how you'll handle it...but just for fun on His part. Hell, if I got to look down on people all day you better believe I'd be up there laughing my ass off and basically just amusing myself.

With that said, I met a boy this weekend. Saturday night to be exact...Saturday night when I was supposed to be at the derby game that I COMPLETELY forgot about. But I guess it was a good thing. So, chatted up the new boy, I guess I shouldn't really call him boy since he's a little older than me but whatever, totally got his digits and he got mine, and went our seperate ways. The wife and I had to make our way to Caseys. So being that sometimes I'm a drunk retard, I texted the new boy at about 3am. Although I didn't say anything embarassing, so that's a good thing.

I wasn't really expecting him to call me...or to call me at all really. Boys are retarded like that sometimes. But he called. The VERY. Next. Day. Big surprise on my part. So I waited a couple of hours because, of course, I was nervous to return his call. So finally I called, got his voicemail and left a message...I also said the word 'later' about 50 times. But then he called back and we made plans to go out.

We went out last night. Pretty good times. He's cool. Actually likes the same kind of music I do which is hardcore old skool punk otherwise known as shit, according to the wife. But a lot in common. Funny. Cute. Former tattoo artist. Artist. Tall. Heavily tattooed. Just to name a few of the things I like about him. There were a few little surprises thrown in there that I wasn't expecting, but nothing too bad. I just gotta roll with the punches and see what happens.

One thing's for sure, I am not, I repeat, NOT going to jump into a relationship with him, or anyone, as fast as I did my last one. I've learned my lesson and experienced that you can't rush things...especially when it comes to people that may or may not become a running role in your life.

All in all I had a good weekend. A little bumpy, but good nonetheless.

No comments: