Saturday, December 08, 2007

Buh-humbug? Buh-randy!

So its that time of year again. The music, the presents, the obligations. (un) Lucky for me, I got fired from my job at Club Tattoo, so now I have a ton of time to spend with the kids and family. Yipee. Hey, I'm trying to look at the silver lining. Although now that I'm out of a job, I'm out of money from that job to buy Christmas presents for my kids. Who fires someone weeks before Christmas?! Scrooge is the first person that comes to mind. It's a good thing I have their dad to count on for the buying of the presents.

Now with my even-more-broke ass, I will be making presents this year. A few paintings here, a couple of home-made hair accessories there and maybe some baked goods. I'll make due, I always do. Like that one year the ex and I had only ten dollars left after bills and he went to Wal-greens on Christmas eve and bought some little toys and candy...fortunately the kids were too young to notice. It's time for me to gather up my last ten dollars, so to speak, and buy those little dollar bin toys.

Now that I'm all amped up for my crafty Christmas I have to get ready for my client. Talk about Myspace being a good advertising tool. I better kick into high gear.

1 comment:

Jessi Louise said...

One year we were moving and didn't want to spend much on christmas, so we bought a box of used toys on eBay and wrapped them all individually. The kids were happy!