Monday, May 05, 2008

Nutshell is full

Just a few things that have been filling up the nutshell that is my life. Here are a few tidbits:

1. Last night I was in the Miss Hair-azona 2008 competition. I didn't win. It was pretty much a beauty pageant without the cheesy opening number, bikini portion or talent competition. I didn't want to do it...not that I don't think I'm hot enough, but I'm not disillusioned as to what the majority of the male population likes, which is girls that look like the girls that were my competition. But I did it, and I got a lot of free drinks, maybe a little too much, and had fun nonetheless.

2. I'm still working 2 jobs, and still manage to never have money. Go figure. Speaking of work, on Saturday at job 2, which is Sally's, I have to dress like Paris Hilton. Man, the things I do for money. Let me elaborate. We started selling her synthetic, crappy hair "extensions" and Saturday is Paris Hilton day. I have to wear a pink shirt. I don't own a pink shirt. I kind of want to quit on integrity alone. Oh what a glamorous life I lead.

3. My dad has another book coming out this month. I'm super stoked about it. He may even be coming to AZ for a book signing. He is, after all, a literary icon.

4. My love life, or lack there of, has been, well, lacking to say the least. Not much fun for me.

5. I'm going to Vegas at the end of June for a hair show, and while I'm there, I'll be hitting up the Sin City tattoo convention. I couldn't be more excited to get out of dodge. I need a vacation real bad.

6. I may have sleep apnea, insomnia and narcolepsy. I'm not really surprised by the insomnia because I can't sleep ever, but the narcolepsy is surprising. I guess I should make a trip to the evil doctor and see what's up with all that nonsense.

7. I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my friend Jessica's wedding. This should be interesting. I've never been in a wedding before. Hey, did you hear? Bridesmaids always put out.

That's about it. Nothing really interesting going on. I just work and take care of the kiddos, and occasionally drink way too much alcohol. That's a day in the life of me, I guess.

No comments: