Thursday, February 24, 2011

The (mis)adventures of motherhood

My kids are amazons. I'll just throw that out there. They keep getting bigger and bigger every day and I just can't keep up. The genius now stands at a whopping 5'11" at the ripe young age of 13, wearing a size twelve shoe. The princess stands at 5' tall, wears a women's size 7 shoe and has bigger boobs than most 16 year olds...she's 9.

The poor genius is walking around with near high waters because we can't keep up with his growth spurts. Not to mention the fact that man pants are more expensive than little boy pants. Little princess is starting to complain about the boys at her school staring at her boobs. I told her to get used to it, as she is already taking after yours truly, what with my size DDD bust. I feel her pain. It's hard to explain to her the many facets of puberty. I don't remember ever getting that "talk" from my mom, so how am I supposed to explain things to my daughter? And the genius spends a little too much time in the shower. I want to believe he really does just want to be real clean, but J thinks he's actually having a spankin' good time. Since he was once an overactive teenage boy once upon a time, he must know these things. Things I'd rather not think about. Ick.

So it seems I will soon be dealing with another penis. We have found out that we are having a boy. The princess is happy, but not, as she will now be the only girl of five boys between my sister and I. However, I informed her, she will hold her reigning title as most spoiled girl in the family. To which she replied, "MOM, I don't like being spoiled! Memo and Nana buy me too many clothes." Yeah, sure, who doesn't like being spoiled. I know I sure as hell do. She also claims she is no longer a child. "MOM, I don't play with dolls anymore. I'm NOT a child." Oh, my mistake. I was under the impression 12 was the official cut off for the child label. Another of her gems to prove she is not a child? The constitution last night that she WOULD be America's Next Top Model when she turns 18, after which she goes on to tell me two girls at the renaissance fair stared at her and told her she was "so pretty." Her head may be a little big.

As fun as the kiddos are, it's nice to get a little break from them every weekend when they go to their dad's house. I am definitley enjoying that time now before the baby comes since I won't be able to just send this one to his dad's. It's karma for me teasing my sister that she never gets alone time because she refuses to divorce her husband. Karmic retribution. Now, however, their father just informed me that he may take on a job as a truck driver. Uh oh. Full time parenting. It's been years since I've had them the full week. And then there were three. Needless to say, life is about to get a lot more interesting over at my house. Thank goodness for J though. Since I've been prego my energy level has dropped immensely. When they say you get energy in the 2nd trimester, I am not part of that 'you'. He cleans the kitchen every day, sweeps, feeds the animals and checks homework. All while I watch from the comfort of the couch with half closed eyes. I'm not mad about it.

One thing's for sure, I need to get a bigger house and a bigger car. The kids, especially the genius, no longer fit comfortably in my CR-V. I may have to break down and buy a mini-van. Kids do get more expensive the older they get. And baby makes 3.

No comments: